· Applicants must reside in a state east of the Mississippi River.
· Every entrant must be a member of the Massillon Museum. New members are welcome at any time. New memberships may be purchased as part of this Submittable application.
· Applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable $25 entry fee and items requested in this Submittable application form.
· Applicants may be individuals or small groups of artists whose artwork is complementary. If submitting as an individual artist, click here to use the Individual Studio M Application. For groups, each artist must be a member of the Museum. One application fee will apply to the group.
· Artwork submitted should reflect a theme.
· Artists are expected to be present at the show reception.
· Artists are responsible for artwork delivery and pickup, including any shipping costs.
· Accepted artwork must be ready to hang on a wall. Artwork must be smaller than 8 1/2 feet tall. Framed works must have wire or D-rings secured to the back of the frame (no sawteeth). Frames must be sturdy and in good condition. The Museum is not responsible for artwork damaged as a result of not having been properly framed or mounted. Clip and plastic box frames are not acceptable. The Museum reserves the right to reject artwork that is not suitable for hanging.
· Artists must provide the appropriate amount of artwork to fill Studio M space. (The space is approximately 86’ long by 8’ tall.) For medium-sized (24” wide) work, the appropriate number is about 20-22. The specific appropriate number varies depending on the size and nature of the work.
· Artwork may be for sale. The Massillon Museum will facilitate all sales transactions, retaining a 30% commission.
· All artwork installed on the walls, sold or unsold, must remain on view until the end of the exhibition. Artists may bring additional prints to have available for sale in a print rack for the evening of the exhibition reception only.
· Work will be unsupervised; artist(s) should take appropriate precautions.
· All work to be included in the show will be delivered to the Museum by 5:00 pm on the Sunday prior to the opening, or on the date agreed upon by the artist(s) and the Museum’s Studio M Coordinator. It will be picked up by 5:00 pm on the Tuesday immediately following the close of the show.
· Reception dates vary depending on the Museum’s existing event schedule.
· The Museum will promote the show through the media and to Museum supporters. The Museum will provide postcard announcements to the artist(s), who will be responsible for stamping and mailing to their personal lists.