· Every entrant must be a member of the Massillon Museum. New
members are welcome at any time. New membership may be purchased as part of this Submittable application.
· Applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable $25 entry
fee and items requested in this Submittable application form.
· Applicants may be individuals or small groups of artists whose
artwork is complementary. If submitting as a group, click here to use the Studio M
Application for Groups. Each artist must be a member of the Museum.
One application fee will apply to the group.
· Artwork submitted should reflect a theme.
· Accepted artwork must be ready to hang on a wall. Framed
works must have wire or D-rings secured to the back of the frame (no saw teeth). Frames must be sturdy and in good condition. The Museum is not responsible
for artwork damaged as a result of not having been properly framed or
mounted. Clip and plastic box frames are
not acceptable. The Museum reserves the right to reject artwork that is not
suitable for hanging.
· Artists must provide the appropriate amount of artwork to fill
Studio M space. Generally speaking, for medium-sized (24” wide) work, the appropriate number is
about 25-28. The specific appropriate number
varies depending on the size and nature of the work.
· Artwork may be for sale. The Massillon Museum will facilitate all
sales transactions, retaining a 30% commission.
· All artwork installed on the
walls, sold or unsold, must remain on view until the end of the exhibition.
Artists may bring additional prints to have available for sale in a print
rack for the evening of the exhibition reception only.
· Work will be unsupervised; artist(s) should take appropriate
· All work to be included in the show will be delivered to the
Museum by 5:00 pm on the Sunday prior to the opening, or on the date agreed
upon by the artist(s) and the Museum’s Studio M Coordinator. It will be picked
up by 5:00 pm on the Tuesday immediately following the close of the show.
· Reception dates vary depending on the Museum’s existing
· The Museum will promote the show through the media and to Museum
supporters. The Museum will provide 50 postcard announcements to the artist, who will be responsible for stamping and mailing to their personal lists. The artist may design and mail out his or her own additional postcards, which must be approved by Massillon Museum prior to distribution.