· The application is open to a BFA or MFA candidate attending a university in Northeast Ohio.
· Two applications will be selected for three week shows, May -June, then June-July of 2020. Each exhibition will be on view for three weeks.
· Every entrant must be a member of the Massillon Museum. New student members are welcome at any time. New membership may be purchased as part of this Submittable application.
· Applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable $25 entry fee and items requested in this Submittable application form.
· Artwork submitted should reflect a theme.
· Accepted artwork must be ready to hang on a wall. Artwork must be smaller than 8 1/2 feet tall. Framed works must have wire or D-rings secured to the back of the frame (no saw teeth). Frames must be sturdy and in good condition. The Museum is not responsible for artwork damaged as a result of not having been properly framed or mounted. Clip and plastic box frames are not acceptable. The Museum reserves the right to reject artwork that is not suitable for hanging.
· Artists must provide the appropriate amount of artwork to fill Studio M space. Generally speaking, for medium-sized (24” wide) work, the appropriate number is about 25. The specific appropriate number varies depending on the size and nature of the work.
· Artwork may be for sale. The Massillon Museum will facilitate all sales transactions, retaining a 30% commission.
· All artwork installed on the walls, sold or unsold, must remain on view until the end of the exhibition. Artists may bring additional prints to have available for sale in a print rack for the evening of the exhibition reception only.
· Work will be unsupervised; artist(s) should take appropriate precautions.
· All work to be included in the show will be delivered to the Museum by 5:00 pm on the Sunday prior to the opening, or on the date agreed upon by the artist(s) and the Museum’s Studio M Coordinator. It will be picked up by 5:00 pm on the Tuesday immediately following the close of the show.
· Reception dates vary depending on the Museum’s existing event schedule.
· The Museum will promote the show through the media and to Museum supporters. The Museum will provide 50 postcard announcements to the artist, who will be responsible for stamping and mailing to their personal lists. The artist may design and mail out his or her own additional postcards, which must be approved by Massillon Museum prior to distribution.
· For more information about Massillon Museum, visit Massillon Museum's website at www.massillonmuseum.org. For any additional questions, contact the Studio M Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org