To benefit the Massillon Museum's Capital Campaign
Saturday, July 29, 2017
Call to VendorsRelics and Refabs Roadshow is a one-day event on Saturday, July 29, 2017, to be held at the Massillon Museum and on front lawn with entertainment and refreshments available for participants along First Street. Verbal appraisals conducted by specialists in the areas of fine and decorative arts, jewelry, and general artifacts will be the feature of this signature event. Antique vendors and artists who specialize in refurbished furniture, upcycled and recycled jewelry and clothing will be among the attractions. Live music and panel discussions on a variety of topics geared toward collectors and the general public will also be included in the day's events. This event will be held at 121 Lincoln Way E from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
EligibilityApplications will be accepted from vendors 18 years and older. Antiques and repurposed/upcycled goods may be in any medium. Interactive displays and artist demos are encouraged.
HoursSetup will begin at 6:30am the morning of the event. Vendors must be set up and ready by 8:30am, and must remain open for vending until 4:00pm. Displays must be removed completely by 6:00pm on Saturday, July 29.
LunchEach vendor will receive one complimentary lunch voucher good for a meal at Anderson's in the City, located inside the Massillon Museum. Vendors will be asked about dietary restrictions when invoiced.
LiabilityRelics and Refabs organizers will not be responsible or liable for injury, theft, loss, or damage to property before, during, or after event hours. This is an outdoor event that will be held rain or shine. In the case of extreme weather, event may be cancelled without refund. Massillon Museum will do everything possible to continue event.
Display SpacesThis is an outdoor event. Display spaces are 10'x10'. All displays must be professional and fit inside this size space. Only the space and electricity are provided. Artists must bring their own tables, tents, set-up equipment, or other necessities. Vendors are responsible for securing their own displays safely. Locations are assigned by lottery and are final. Artists may request/pay for more than one 10' x 10' space if desired.
PublicityThe event organizers will request photos from you for event publicity purposes. A space for uploading these is provided in the form.
FeesThe cost for vendors is $75, which will be invoiced upon approval. The committee will review entries as they are received, and vendors will be notified within 3 weeks of submission.
*The Relics and Refabs committee reserves the right to decline submissions that they feel do not meet the requirements.
· Every entrant must be a member of the Massillon Museum. New members are welcome at any time. New membership may be purchased as part of this Submittable application.
· Applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable $25 entry fee and items requested in this Submittable application form.
· Applicants may be individuals or small groups of artists whose artwork is complementary. If submitting as a group, click here to use the Studio M Application for Groups. Each artist must be a member of the Museum. One application fee will apply to the group.
· Artwork submitted should reflect a theme.
· Accepted artwork must be ready to hang on a wall. Framed works must have wire or D-rings secured to the back of the frame (no saw teeth). Frames must be sturdy and in good condition. The Museum is not responsible for artwork damaged as a result of not having been properly framed or mounted. Clip and plastic box frames are not acceptable. The Museum reserves the right to reject artwork that is not suitable for hanging.
· Artists must provide the appropriate amount of artwork to fill Studio M space. Please note that there will be a transition during this schedule to the new gallery space, which will have comparable running wall space, with a taller ceiling and track lighting. (The current space is approximately 86’ long by 8’ tall.) Generally speaking, for medium-sized (24” wide) work, the appropriate number is about 25-28. The specific appropriate number varies depending on the size and nature of the work. Click here to see images of the current space.
· Artwork may be for sale. The Massillon Museum will facilitate all sales transactions, retaining a 30% commission.
· All artwork installed on the walls, sold or unsold, must remain on view until the end of the exhibition. Artists may bring additional prints to have available for sale in a print rack for the evening of the exhibition reception only.
· Work will be unsupervised; artist(s) should take appropriate precautions.
· All work to be included in the show will be delivered to the Museum by 5:00 pm on the Sunday prior to the opening, or on the date agreed upon by the artist(s) and the Museum’s Studio M Coordinator. It will be picked up by 5:00 pm on the Tuesday immediately following the close of the show.
· Artist(s) will provide refreshments—according to Museum guidelines—for the reception, which is typically held on the Friday evening of the show opening. Reception dates vary depending on the Museum’s existing event schedule.
· The Museum will promote the show through the media and to Museum supporters. The Museum will provide 50 postcard announcements to the artist, who will be responsible for stamping and mailing to their personal lists. The artist may design and mail out his or her own additional postcards, which must be approved by Massillon Museum prior to distribution.
You are invited to participate in the Downtown Massillon Fun Fest
The annual event has been part of Massillon's Summer Celebration for over 20 years and is sponsored by MCTV, The Massillon Museum, and the Downtown Massillon Association
Your business can also sponsor a special activity or performance.
For more information contact Liz Gessner McAllister at 330-833-6655 or at email@example.com
Upon submitting this entry form, payment must be made via credit card or PayPal. If you would prefer to pay by cash or check, contact Heather Bullach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open to present and former Stark County residents and to those currently working in Stark County. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age. All media will be considered. A panel of three independent jurors will select work to be included and prizes to be awarded.
Each artist may submit up to three digital images of artwork completed within the past two years. If any staff or juror recognizes work suspected to be older than two years, that piece will be disqualified from the show.
FeesEach artist may submit up to three works. A non-refundable $15 per piece of artwork or $30 for three pieces of artwork must accompany entries. Works may be for sale; the Museum will retain a 30% commission.
Photographs of ArtworkEach artist may submit up to three pieces of artwork. For the jurying process, artwork must be represented by digital photography. No more than two photographs of each artwork will be allowed. All components of the artwork must be visible in original submission. Each digital file must be 300-dpi in jpeg format. Do not superimpose any information (including artist's name) on the photographs. Digital files must be labeled with artist's last name followed by the artwork title, corresponding exactly with the name and title on the entry form (example: monet_waterlilies).
Eligible WorkWork must be completely ready to hang or display. Works on paper must be framed under glass or plexiglass. Frames must be sturdy and in good condition. Clip and plastic box frames are not acceptable. For safety reasons, all hanging work must have D-rings secured to the back. Click here for more information about proper D-ring use. Swath and wires will not be used and may need to be removed if impeding with D-rings. The Museum is not responsible for damage to improperly prepared work. The Museum reserves the right to reject work that is not ready for hanging. Each entry must be identified with the provided label completely filled out and securely attached to the back. No components that were not part of the work upon submission may be added to accepted artwork.
LabelsThe exhibit labels and brochure will be reproduced exactly from the entry forms. Changes will not be allowed after submission. Labels for the back of artwork will be provided upon acceptance of artwork.
DeliveryArtists are responsible for delivery of accepted work by 4:00 pm on days when the Museum is regularly open between November 17 and 19, 2017. Late work will be disqualified from the exhibit: artwork not received by 4:00 pm November 19, 2017 will be excluded regardless of circumstances. Packing materials must be clearly marked with the artist's name if they are to be returned after the exhibition.
Pick-upWork must be picked up following the show between February 2 and 4, 2018. Artwork not picked up by February 4, 2018 will become the property of the Massillon Museum.
- Elizabeth Carney - Assistant Curator, Akron Art Museum
- Steven Mastroianni - Photographer, Cleveland
- Susan Yingling - Artist, Retired Art Teacher, Akron Public Schools
- Best in show $300
- Second place $200
- Third place $100
- People's choice $100
Artwork Presentation and Online Submission WorkshopsJoin staff Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. for a free information session on presenting professional submissions and using the online submission form. No reservations required.
Stark County Artists Schedule
- Submission deadline: August 6, 2017
- E-mail notification to artists: September 8, 2017
- Delivery of accepted artwork: November 17 - 19, 2017
- Exhibition: December 3, 2017 - January 31, 2018
- Pick-up of exhibited artwork: February 2 - 4, 2018
Exhibition OpeningSunday, December 3, 2017: 3:00 to 5:00 pm
Awards announced at 4:00 pm
Free, open to the public, no reservations required
Massillon Museum HoursTuesday to Saturday: 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday: 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm