· The application is open to a BFA or MFA candidate attending a university in Northeast Ohio.
· Two applications will be selected for three week shows, March 28-April 19, then April 25-May 17 of 2020.
· Every entrant must be a member of the Massillon Museum. New student members ($10) are welcome at any time. New membership may be purchased as part of this Submittable application.
· Applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable $25 entry fee and items requested in this Submittable application form.
· Artwork submitted should reflect a theme.
· Accepted artwork must be ready to hang on a wall. Artwork must be smaller than 8 1/2 feet tall. Framed works must have wire or D-rings secured to the back of the frame (no saw teeth). Frames must be sturdy and in good condition. The Museum is not responsible for artwork damaged as a result of not having been properly framed or mounted. Clip and plastic box frames are not acceptable. The Museum reserves the right to reject artwork that is not suitable for hanging.
· Artists must provide the appropriate amount of artwork to fill Studio M space. Generally speaking, for medium-sized (24” wide) work, the appropriate number is about 25. The specific appropriate number varies depending on the size and nature of the work.
· Artwork may be for sale. The Massillon Museum will facilitate all sales transactions, retaining a 30% commission.
· All artwork installed on the walls, sold or unsold, must remain on view until the end of the exhibition. Artists may bring additional prints to have available for sale in a print rack for the evening of the exhibition reception only.
· Work will be unsupervised; artist(s) should take appropriate precautions.
· All work to be included in the show will be delivered to the Museum by 5:00 pm on the Sunday prior to the opening, or on the date agreed upon by the artist(s) and the Museum’s Studio M Coordinator. It will be picked up by 5:00 pm on the Tuesday immediately following the close of the show, at a time agreed upon by the artist(s) and the Museum’s Studio M Coordinator.
· Reception dates vary depending on the Museum’s existing event schedule.
· The Museum will promote the show through the media and to Museum supporters. The Museum will provide 50 postcard announcements to the artist, who will be responsible for stamping and mailing to their personal lists. The artist may design and mail out his or her own additional postcards, which must be approved by Massillon Museum prior to printing.
· For more information about Massillon Museum, visit Massillon Museum's website at www.massillonmuseum.org. For any additional questions, contact the Studio M Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us at the Downtown Massillon Fun Fest Sat., Aug. 10, 2019 10a-2p
We invite you to participate in the annual Massillon Fun Fest. The event is sponsored by MCTV, The Massillon Museum, and the Downtown Massillon Association. All area Non-profit Organizations and Massillon Area Businesses are invited to set up booths at NO CHARGE as long as a FREE or NEARLY FREE youth activity is provided. Your business can also sponsor a special activity or performance.
PLEASE READ THIS!
Because of the Lincoln Way construction, the event will be held in Tommy Hendrick Drive area. In past years we have provided tables and chairs for participating organizations that were unable to provide or transport them. The cost of table and chair rental was a major expense of our event. We so appreciate the organizations that have supplied their own tables in the past, it has saved us thousands of dollars! Because of the remote location we will have this year, it will be even more difficult to provide tables. We ask that everyone bring their own tables and chairs. If you cannot arrange to do so, please contact me and I will see if we can make arrangements for a table for you. Alternatively, if you feel your organization would frequently use a nice folding table, Walmart has inexpensive folding tables that will fit easily into a regular size car.
Please respond on Submittable by June 23rd so planning can begin.
Call Liz Gessner McAllister (at MCTV) 833-6655, with questions or suggestions. Thanks!
Liz Gessner McAllister